In November 2019, the Association presented the Men in Racing Awards, to recognise the significant achievements of Men across the Greyhound Racing Industry.
The Association is proud to open nominations for the 2019 Men in Greyhound Racing Awards, which will be presented at the Bob Payne Sprint Final on Saturday May 11, 2019, in conjunction with the Women in Greyhound Racing Awards and the Evans and Sons Jewellers Ladies Bracelet.
(2) NSW GBOTA Branch network
The NSW Greyhound Breeders, Owners and Trainers Association 2019 Men in Greyhound Racing Award is open to any male person who is engaged in racing in the following areas:
- A greyhound racing trainer
- Official or volunteer
Conditions of Entry:
Clubs or NSW GBOTA Branches must complete a detailed application form (attached), making sure all relevant sections are completed.
- Nominees must be over the age of 16 at the time of nominations close
- To be eligible an individual must have completed service for a 12-month period
- Nominations must be submitted with the full knowledge and signature of the person being nominated
- The closing date for the nominations is 5 p.m., Monday 1 April 2019. Nominations can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org – with the subject line - Men in Greyhound Racing Award or by mail and addressed to “Men in Greyhound Racing Award”, NSW GBOTA, PO Box 485 Glebe, NSW 2037
- Clubs or NSW GBOTA Branches can also provide supporting evidence for their nomination e.g. other relevant documents, references, photographs, media stories etc.
The nominee will be assessed based on several different criteria including:
- Demonstrated benefit to club/branch/community;
- Evidence of initiative and innovation within the club or branch;
- Length of service/number of hours worked;
- Examples of outstanding work achieved/completed; and
- Examples of obstacles they have overcome to complete work.
Once nominations close a short list will be complied and submitted to a selection panel for judging. The selection panel will be made up of a representative of NSW GBOTA, Event Sponsor and GRNSW.
A full copy of the terms and conditions, and nomination forms can be downloaded here.