NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the NSW GBOTA, will be held on
Sunday, November 15, 2020 commencing at 9.30am at 3 venues:-
1. Wentworth Park Sporting Complex, Ground Floor, Wentworth Park Road, Glebe NSW 2037
2. Bulli Greyhounds, Princess Highway, Bulli NSW 2516
3. Maitland Greyhound Track, Blomfield Street, Maitland NSW 2320
Members will be able to video link to the AGM and this information will be emailed separately. If you would like to video link please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with the link information.
BUSINESS TO BE CONDUCTED
3. Confirm the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting held on 17th November 2019
4. To receive and consider the Report of the Chairman
5. To receive and consider the Report from the General Manager
6. To receive and consider the Financial Report and Independent Auditor’s Report for year ending 30 June 2020
7. Per Regulatory Guide 26.47 - The resignation of an auditor during a financial year can lead to a new auditor being appointed by the directors and undertaking an audit before the appointment has been considered by the members at an AGM. However, per RG 26.52 - The appointment of an auditor is primarily a matter for the members. While the directors must fill any vacancy in the office of auditor that occurs other than at an AGM (s327C(1)), the incoming auditor’s term will expire at the next AGM. In this case, the members must appoint an auditor at the next AGM: s327B(1)(b)
8. To deal with any other general business that may be dealt with at the AGM
In accordance with the Corporations Act, the Annual Report of the Association for the year ending June 2020, which includes the Chairman’s Report, the financial Report and the Auditor’s Report will be published on the Association website.
QUESTIONS BY MEMBERS
Members who wish to ask questions or seek information at the meeting about the Financial Report or other matters pertaining to the affairs of the Association, are asked to give the General Manager notice in writing (details below) of their questions or request by 6th November 2020. This will enable properly researched replies to be prepared. This will not prevent members being able to ask questions at the meeting but it may not be possible to give answers to questions without prior notice.
Notice of questions to:
Steve Noyce, General Manager
Letter: PO Box 485, Glebe NSW 2037
A printable copy of the notice can be downloaded here